Constant[edit | edit source]
Constant cards are like actions (see below), but the effects of a Constant card stay in play, as opposed to going directly to the graveyard.
Artifact[edit | edit source]
Loved by dwarves in particular, Artifacts are artificial creations crafted by the inhabitants of Entrath. Artifacts can be robot troops designed for battle or a cauldron ready for a witch’s brew.
Troop[edit | edit source]
Troops do the grunt work in HEX. Troops can attack, block, and use powers to defeat the opponent. When you play a troop, it enters play and stays in play until destroyed.
Resource[edit | edit source]
When you play a Resource card, you gain a resource point, a threshold based on that source, and one charge point. In the above example, playing the Ruby Source gives you one resource point, one Ruby threshold, and one charge point on your Champion.
Action[edit | edit source]
Your Champion can use Actions to buff their troops, attack the opposing Champion, or defend against other Actions. Basic Actions can only be used during your turn, but Quick Actions can be used at any time. When you play an action and resolve its effect, it goes into the graveyard.
Anatomy of a Card[edit | edit source]
A HEX card has some or all of the components shown below. We asked Zoltog the orc ranger to pose for this demonstration, and he has graciously agreed.
- Name: The name of the card.
- Cost: How many resources you need to play this card. For Zoltog, you need 4 resources.
- Threshold: The threshold you need to play this card. In the case of Zoltog, you need a Ruby threshold of 2.
- Card Type: This will tell you if a card is a Troop, Action, Constant, or Artifact. Zoltog is a Troop.
- Traits: Describes the race and class of troops.
- Restriction: You’ll find card restrictions here. If a card is Unique, each player may only have 1 of that particular card in play. Any others must be immediately sent to the graveyard.
- Faction: Some troops belong to the Ardent or Underworld factions. Zoltog is an orc, so he belongs to the Ardent alliance.
- Rarity: The card will display its rarity, set number, as well as card number within the set.
- Game Text: Outside of Attack and Defense, you’ll find out what else the card does in this box. Zoltog is a fierce commander, inspiring Savage Raiders to join his group any time one of his fellow orcs deals damage to the opposing Champion.
- Lore Text: Each card is a glimpse into the bigger world of Entrath, and the lore text lets you know how the card fits into the game’s fantasy setting.
- Attack: When attacking or blocking, a troop deals damage based on his attack. Zoltog has an attack of 3.
- Defense: A troop can only take so much damage before it goes to the graveyard. Should a troop take damage equal to or greater than its defense, it dies. Zoltog has 4 defense.
- Doubleback: Click this icon to access the card’s double back to see your achievements, trophies, card level, and other information.
- Card Modifications: Click this icon to access the card’s original version without modifications.
- Token = Grey
- Common = White
- Uncommon = Green
- Rare = Blue
- Legendary = Red
- Special = Orange
- Promo/PvE = Purple
List of all cards[edit | edit source]
Artifact[edit | edit source]
[Basic] ⑤, Void this → Void target card.
When this enters play, gain a charge.
At the start of your turn, you may transform this into a replica of target non-Shapeshifter artifact with cost ④ or less you control. It retains this power.
When this artifact enters play, secretly choose one of the following plans: Assassination, Invasion or Trap.
, : Add a preparation counter to this artifact.
, Remove three preparation counters from this artifact:
Assassination: Deal 10 damage to target champion.
Invasion: Create three and put them into play exhausted.
Trap: Destroy all attacking troops.
Then secretly chose a new plan.
At the start of your turn, this deals 1 damage to a random champion.
If this would enter your hand or graveyard, void it, and it deals 4 damage to you instead.
When this enters play, choose a Standard resource from among those currently in your deck. Gain the threshold that resource provides.
④, Sacrifice this → Draw a card.
When you play an action, create a copy of it. (You may choose new targets for the copy.)
Champions can't draw more than one card per turn.
[Basic]: →Tunneling 4
When this enters play, this gets a random champion charge power. Then, this gains a charge for each charge you gained this game.
When you gain a charge, this gains a charge.
This card can use charge powers without meeting their threshold requirements.
When you use a charge power, gain 1 health for each charge spent.
[ONE-SHOT]: ⑤ → Gain three charges.
This can't attack or block unless you control four or more Dwarf and/or Robot troops.
, Sacrifice this → Target troop being blocked by a Castle Wall gets permanent -2/-2.
When this attacks, gain a charge.
When this enters play, gain two charges.
When this enters play, create two replicas of a troop in your hand and put them into your deck.
Tap and sacrifice this to deal five damage to target troop.
Blood[edit | edit source]
Diamond[edit | edit source]
Sapphire[edit | edit source]
Ruby[edit | edit source]
Wild[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]