|Type:||Troop -- Dwarf Mage|
|Set:||Shards of Fate|
Related Equipment[edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Gearsmith is a Dwarven Troop with the special ability to take an artifact from the top 3 cards of your deck and reduce its cost. If multiple artifacts are found, you may only choose one and the rest are shuffled into your deck; only the selected artifact will have its cost permanently reduced. If no artifacts are found, you will be able to see the 3 cards, however they will be shuffled into the deck. The opponent will be unable to see the cards examined, or an artifact chosen, but will be able to see if a card was or was not taken.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Artifacts found by this card's effect can have their cost reduced to or below 0, allowing them to be played for free.
- Artifacts with a cost of 1, such as , , or can be played for free early in the game.
- reduces the cost of all Artifacts, which can further lower the playing cost.
Counters[edit | edit source]
- Gearsmith will most likely be included in an Artifact/Robot/Dwarf deck.
- Once in play, Gearsmith has no special effects, and is a relatively weak troop. However, many other cards depend on having Dwarves.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Cost reduction persists unless card is reverted by another effect.
- A card with a cost below 0 does not generate resources, but can be played without cost. The card is still numerically treated as having a negative cost value for effects that concern the playing cost.